- Access to the accommodation is from 4pm on the first day of let and a strict condition of the let is that the property must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure.
- A returnable security deposit of £100 is required at the time of booking and retained against any damage, with the full payment in addition to this being made 4 weeks before the first day of letting. We aim to return the deposit within 7 working days.
- The booking fee includes staying in Skye Self Catering Cottages for the dates specified, electricity and an initial supply of logs, broadband and the use of bed linen and towels.
- Skye Self Catering Cottages allow one well trained pet to stay on request. This costs an extra £25. Please ensure that pets are properly controlled at all times especially during lambing and when livestock is in the vicinity. Pets must be kept off beds and furniture. All dog waste must be bagged and binned from the crofthouse area.
- Skye Self Catering Cottages are non smoking establishments throughout.
- The letting contract is between the named hirer and Mr Duncan MacInnes, Tigh Eachainn, 8 Upper Breakish, Isle of Skye, IV42 8PY.
No sub-letting is allowed. The contract only becomes agreed on the full price being paid, but is still subject to our cancellation policy.
- Septic Tank:
Care should be taken to make sure that items such as oil, fat, food, sanitary towels and baby wipes are not introduced to the waste system, but disposed of in the various bins which are available. This is to ensure that waste disposal works efficiently, for your maximum comfort.
- Cancellation Policy:If the cancellation at any time is owing to National or Local Government restrictions during the Covid pandemic then we refund the full amount. Otherwise in the event of cancellation for other reasons, we seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If successful in doing so a full refund will be made, if not the deposit will be forfeited. If this type of cancellation occurs less than 4 weeks prior to hire and the Owner is unable to re-let for the period then the entire hire fee will be forfeited.
- The named hirer is responsible for maintaining the property, furniture, fixtures and fittings to the standard in which the property was hired. The cost of any damage within the property during the let will be charged to the hirer. This cost will cover the price of replacement of like for like items and/or the repair of any damage to any individual items and/or of the fabric/structure of the building.
- If the owners of Skye Self Catering Cottages have to cancel the booking for any reason, a full refund will be paid, and we will use our best endeavours to find suitable accommodation in the vicinity. However no liability is accepted for other arrangements which the hirer has to make for travel or accommodation.
- The owners of Skye Self Catering Cottages accept no liability for any death, personal injury or damage to own property during the letting period or in the course of any activities booked with the owner. The named hirer and their party of the property do so at their own risk. The owners are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons, property or vehicles.
- If using the stove in the living room, please always use the fireguard provided and keep the door of the stove shut.
- The property owners have the right to enter the property, by previous arrangement.
- Tigh Eilidh staircase:
The staircase in Tigh Eilidh is quite narrow, being 600mm wide. If you feel that negotiating a tight space might be a problem for you, this property is probably not suitable.